Thursday, May 20, 2010

Traveling 5/16 – 6/15

Before I left for Spain I decided to take full advantage of being in Europe and plan a 2-week trip across a few countries, meeting up with Laura in Italy. That plan has since snowballed and turned into a rather epic adventure. Caitlin pulled some strings and managed to get herself a ticket to Spain to come traveling with me! She and I are taking on Spain and France before meeting up with Laura in Italy to continue to Switzerland and Paris. Laura leaves us in Paris to fly home and Caitlin and I will hop up to London for a few days. Being able to do this kind of a trip with my 2 best friends was amazing enough, but then I got in contact with some relatives in Sweden and my trip got another incredible extension. After London, I am taking a flight to Stockholm and will be staying with my Swedish relatives for 2 whole weeks before finally flying home to the USA. Barring disaster, the schedule is as follows:

• May 16th – Caitlin in Sevilla!
• May 17th – Sevilla, Spain
• May 18th – Barcelona, Spain
• May 19th – Barcelona, Spain
• May 20th – Nice, France
• May 21st – Nice, France
• May 22nd – Cinque Terre, Italy
• May 23rd – Cinque Terre, Italy
• May 24th – Zermatt, Switzerland
• May 25th – Zermatt Switzerland
• May 26th – Bern, Switzerland
• May 27th – Paris, France
• May 28th – Paris, France
• May 29th – London, England
• May 30th – London, England
• May 31st – June 14th – Sweden
• June 14th – Flight back to London, London to Chicago, Chicago to Minneapolis…
• June 15th @ 1:40pm HOME

I know that we’re probably trying to do too many places in too short of time and are going to be spending a ridiculous amount of time on trains, but I am SO excited. Regardless what happens this trip is going to be fun and I can’t wait to see so many new places, even if we’re only there a short while. I like to think of it as a sampler platter, scoping out lots of places to decide which places we want to go back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment